One of the best ways to achieve your goals is to surround yourself with positive people. The energy they possess never seems to let them down, and they are achieving the great goals in life that they desire and dream about.
Positive people can help you stay on track and energize you toward your own goals. Many times these successful people share the same goals you have and are happy to pass on their wisdom and their techniques.
So how do you find these positive, like-minded people?
Here are 5 tips to help you find them, network with them, and glean valuable in-formation and advice:
1. Smile. Although it may sound silly, smiling puts forth an image that instantly draws people towards you, especially other positive people. Having and showcasing a good perspective of life’s ups and downs makes other people want to be around you.
Being positive is often difficult to sustain all the time. As a result, people are always looking for a way to be more optimistic. Staying positive is the building block of achieving your successes, as its opposite is futile. Smile and you’ll attract other positive people!
2. Communicate Positively. Although we all experience difficult days when it seems that nothing is going right, you don’t want to make a habit of complaining. For example, if someone were to ask you in a friendly manner, “How are you today?” You don’t want to respond, “Life isn’t fair” or that you’re just “alive” or something to that effect. Instead, take a moment – and a breath – and then try your best to reply with optimism.
Even if you’re not feeling so positive, by remaining optimistic in your outlook, you’ll still attract positive people to you.
3. Think Positively. Keeping a level head on your journey to success is vital to obtaining your objectives. Thinking positively – even through disappointment – will enable you to find the good in every situation and attract the positive people who share this vision.
Though you may not subscribe to these positive thoughts at first, or you find positive thinking difficult, sooner or later making yourself think positively will create a pattern of positive thoughts in your brain.
We all have energy within us and we have the choice to use it constructively or destructively. If you want to attract positive people as you are networking, then you’ll want to put forth your positive energy. Most likely, you’ll notice that they also try to be upbeat and optimistic, even through difficult times.
4. Act Positively. It isn’t enough to smile, communicate, and think positively when pursuing your goal. You must also put forth actions to substantiate your positivity.
For example, perhaps in the past you thought there was an opportunity to get a promotion, but you didn’t pursue it, and someone else got the job. Next time, you’ll want to transform those positive thoughts into action! Be assertive by taking the necessary steps to let your boss know you’re ready for a promotion.
5. Reach Out. Lastly, reach out to people at your work, in your circle of friends, or even to people you may not know who seem to exemplify positivity. Ask them what it is that makes them continue to be positive and reach their objectives.
Seeking out positive people will not only give you valuable information to help you reach your goals, but you will also become a successful person with your own network of positive friends and role models. Being positive and exemplifying positivity attracts others. As the saying goes, “Like attracts like.”
People enjoy being surrounded by others with similar attitudes. By maintaining a positive mindset, you’ll not only find successful like-minded people, you’ll also attract them.